Designed with travelers and adventure-seekers in mind, the Essentials courses appeal to those who are looking to get started in a new language.
What are the Essentials courses?
The Essential courses in Transparent Language Online take learners on a travel adventure. Each course is organized around ten common situations faced when traveling to a foreign country, including:
- getting around the city
- eating out
- dealing with money
- getting to know each other
- dealing with emergencies
These units are made up of lessons and activities which provide beginners and advanced beginners with the clear learning path and structure they need to succeed, while at the same time allowing more experienced users the flexibility to focus on the exercises that best suit their needs.
Packed with engaging dialogues, reading passages, grammar, and more, the Essentials courses set a solid foundation for learners to advance to higher-level material.
These courses are available in over 90 languages (however, not all languages in Transparent Language Online include the Essentials course).
How to access the Essentials course
- Log in to your Transparent Language Online account.
- Once you have logged in, click on the "Browse" tab.
- Scroll down until you see the "Essentials" category and click the arrow to proceed.
- On the next screen, you can read more about the Essentials course, as well as download any accompanying documents (if available for your language). Click the arrow to continue.
- On the next screen, you can select a specific topic to learn by clicking the arrow to the right of the lesson name, or click "ADD ALL TO PATH" to add all topics and lessons to your Learning Path.