This tutorial shows instructors how to create a class.
Follow these steps to create a class:
1. From the Transparent Language Online Instructor Portal, click Create.
2. Type in the Class Name. For this tutorial, we used "English for Spanish Speakers 1".
3. Click the Language dropdown and select the learning language for the class. In this case, English.
4. You can use the default code, or you can customize the Class Code. Students can use this code to enroll in the class.
5. Type in an optional class Description.
6. You can add start and end dates to classes. They are not required. If you want to add dates, click the calendar to right of Start Date.
7. Select the class Start Date.
8. Click the calendar to right of End Date.
9. Select the class End Date.
10. By default, your students are allowed to mark assignments as complete. If they do this, you can see this information in reports later on. To not allow this option, Click Allow 'Mark as Learned' for Assignments.
11. By default, students can also unenroll from your class. Click Allow Students to Unenroll from Class to prevent students from unenrolling.
12. Click Save.
13. Great! Your class has now been created. Click on your class.