KidSpeak is included with all subscriptions to Transparent Language Online for Libraries and available for learning Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
To access KidSpeak within Transparent Language Online:
- Sign in to your Transparent Language Online account.
- If you have not already done so, set your learning language to the language in which you'd like to use KidSpeak. (Please note: KidSpeak is only available for Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.) To do so, click the language name in the upper left corner of your screen and click the "More languages" button.
- On the "Choose a Language" screen, select the KidSpeak language you want to use. You will notice that languages with KidSpeak available are marked with a green banner under the language name that says "KidSpeak available". (Please note: KidSpeak is only available for Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.)
- Once you have selected your language, click the "KidSpeak" tab at the top of your screen to launch KidSpeak.
To use KidSpeak:
(Note: Changing the interface language in Transparent Language Online will not affect the interface in KidSpeak.)
- Click any icon on the home screen to open a section of the program, then click any icon on the navigation screen for that section to open an activity.
- Within each activity, follow the verbal instructions, or click for detailed, picture-based help. In most activities, you can also do the following:
- Click to see the vocabulary taught in the activity.
- Click to restart the activity.
- Click to change levels. (Not all activities have more than one level.)
- When you are ready to leave an activity or a navigation screen, do one of the following:
- Click to return to the KidSpeak home screen.
- Click to return to the previous screen. From the home screen, this button will exit the KidSpeak program.